Recognizing ORC and Responding to Retail Theft - Level One Training for Law Enforcement Professionals
CONTACT US FOR PRICING & ACCESS. Group discounts apply.
What is Organized Retail Crime (ORC)? Organized Retail Crime IS Organized Crime, and it is a problem that is plaguing retailers across the U.S. and around the globe. What may appear as “just a shoplifting case” may actually be the first thread pulled in unraveling and identifying a complicated criminal network, but to do this, you need to understand what ORC is (and what it is not), the signs to look for, the questions to ask – and where to go to further your investigation.
After completing this course, you will have been presented with the knowledge to help identify the elements of ORC and better understand why it is problem that you should care about with content including:
- Defining ORC – what it is and what it isn’t
- The common roles found within ORC networks
- The indicators of ORC, including a review of merchandise commonly associated with ORC, common methods of theft, and signals you may see not just in retail theft and fraud cases, but during traffic stops, drug arrests, workplace visits, and even domestic calls
- Questions to ask yourself, and the subject, in determining if your case may be part of an ORC network
- Information regarding resources you can connect with to help in the investigations of ORC cases
This course is approximately 30 to 40 minutes for the average user to complete and is available online and on-demand 24/7.
Group licensing is available for law enforcement teams of more than 200 officers.
CHECK OUT THE COURSE OUTLINE HERE
CORPORATE PRICING AVAILABLE!
Need training for multiple team members or for your whole organization? Contact us for details on pricing discounts and bulk enrollment